Saturday, August 5, 2023

Preparing for Siggraph 2023

The archaic remnant of a (formerly) important conference about the technology, aesthetics and practice of what was once an experimental form of art and media, so-called computer graphics, starts today.  I have a feeling that this will be a pleasant year.  I am disenfranchised from any contribution to production, to education, and to research in this field that used to be my home.  One could reasonably ask why do I bother to even attend?  
 
There are several plausible answers to this question.  Sentimentality.  A desire to follow through.  The hope that I will meet a new or old collaborator and move forward. But I am probably wasting my time and my energy might be better spent in a totally new direction.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment