Saturday, October 24, 2020

Jim Houston and Donald Trump's Policies

draft

At the end of March, Jim Houston died in the hospital after what was apparently several days of severe respiratory distress. We had to break into his house to find him, he lasted a few hours at the hospital. They were not sure if it was respiratory, a stroke, a heart attack, or something else. Jim was in good health, although he was overweight. He was 62 years old. He was a member of various Academy and ASC committees and so would every week be at some social event, such as the ASC clubhouse where there would be perhaps 50-100 people in close quarters.

At the time, COVID-19 tests were not readily available, nor were his doctors particularly sensitive to the fact that COVID-19 mortality was not just respiratory (like the flu) but could indeed show such effects as what Jim died of (ie stroke, heart failure, neurological). So we do not have formal tests that prove that Jim died of COVID-19, but we all think he did. I am told that the state of CA may indeed go back and check to see, how they do that I do not know, but I presume that they have blood samples in the freezer.

Jim was one of my best friends.

There are some things I think are reasonable to conclude from this.

First, that the official numbers are low. I know at least two people who died of the coronavirus who are not on the official death statistics. Jim was not tested and the second person tested negative which makes his friends scratch their heads because if he did not die of the coronavirus we dont know what he died of (heart attack the day before he was going to be hospitalized for severe respiratory symptoms).

Second, Trump was warned by the CIA and others of the danger of a pandemic in January at the very latest, if I understand the situation. Had he warned the American people, and had people known not to congregate in the March time frame, and were told to wear a mask, I am sure that Jim Houston would not have died at that time. Maybe he would have gotten the virus later, maybe we all will, maybe we will die of it eventually, but not at that time.

Therefore, I blame Trump and his policies for my friends death and I do not take kindly to those who push theories that you dont have to wear a mask. I dont know what is going on in Sweden, but I sure as hell know what is going on in the USA and I dont think this is funny or subtle.

Thank you.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment