Tuesday, June 28, 2022

I Was Wrong

draft
 
Joseph
 
As far as I know I am one of few people who admit it when they are wrong, and I have been very wrong in the last few years about a number of concerns involving our freedoms and our nation's government. I did not think that the supreme court would be this nutty. I did not think that the Republicans would actually stand back and let a sociopath try to overthrow the government and do nothing about it. I did not think "our side", which I guess has to be the Democrats, would be so stupid, weak and ineffectual. I really didnt. I thought it would be bad, but not this bad. I think there is an excellent chance that with the full destruction of the voting rights laws, and with the way our kindof nutty republic works, that the republicans will take full control in 6 months or so and that will be the end of that. As for me, I wont be surprised if I end up dead in prison for speaking out as I do. That has happened so many times in our fake democracy to people much more interesting and intelligent than I am. I do have some modest hope for the future, you cant listen to AOC or Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders without realizing that there are some people much smarter than I am, successful people unlike me, who are on the side of truth and justice. I hope that you and your friends will also work to turn this country around. I feel like I have done everything that I can do, as pathetic and useless as those efforts may have been. Lots of people are going to be hurt but, in the long run, freedom will return, but it will be hard and painful. It would be nice to see you before the end.
 
Sincerely,
MW


No comments:

Post a Comment