Sunday, May 24, 2020

Corrupt Supreme Court and Separation of Power

draft

My friend, the Harvard trained attorney, tried to convince me that the Supreme Court denied the Democratic subpoena for the Mueller report because of "separation of powers". He didnt convince me of that, but he did convince me that the system was corrupt.

I said: "If, as you say, the subpoena is denied because of separation of powers, then the Democrats were stupid to expect anything from an independent investigation. The president could just order his corrupt attorney general to suppress whatever was discovered. So either the Supreme Court is suppressing the evidence (it is) or the Democrats and the American people were stupid to trust the process (they were) but in any case the legitimacy of the American system is diminished. "

There are many problems here but the one that amazes me the most is not the actions of the corrupt right wing nuts in Washington.  I think I understand them just fine.  What I find most unbelievable is the large number of people who are willing to accept any amount of corruption and treason as long as they dont have to face the fact that their system failed.

But it did fail.  It obviously failed many times.  Wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment