Monday, August 11, 2014

Judson Rosebush on the Hudson


Judson Rosebush is a pioneer of computer animation who was partner in one of the earliest computer animation production companies, Digital Effects in New York City.   In this picture, shot available light, he is navigating his boat on the Hudson river and we are passing close to the Intrepid aircraft carrier.




At one point, about a decade ago, Judson ran an office out of Carnegie hall that was doing dozens of interactive media CD-ROMs for various publishers.   I was very impressed as well with Judson's research into the history of the Manhattan project in Manhattan as well as visiting the site of the Trinity test.  He is the only person I know who has in his possession a piece of Trinitite.

I need to track him down and see how he is doing.


2 comments:

  1. LOL! Well I'm about to track Judson down to interview him about his trip to the Trinity site for a book I'm writing. I Goggled Judson and Trinity blast site and found your page. Interesting idea to do a public journal. As far a i know judson is still around and at the same phone number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy. If you find Judson, please send him my regards. I am not sure I ever knew his phone number. I will try his old email and see if it works. I am pretty sure Trilby knows how to track him down. Nice to get this comment, thank you!

      Delete