Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Election 2016 What We Learned Part 1
My first impression when I saw Trump winning was that “we are so fucked”. And we are. But here are a few notes on the things that we learned, or that I learned.
1. Polling science is bullshit. If they have not figured out the Bradley Effect by now, they never will.
2. Polling may have thrown the election to Trump because some people voted for third parties who might have voted differently if they had only known the real situation.
3. Women and Hispanics did not support Hillary.
4. There is no reason to think that a woman candidate can be elected president.
5. Trump's support is not just uneducated white men. He could not have done what he did without considerable support from women and minorities.
6. Washington thought they could fuck the middle class with impunity, and the middle class fucked back.
7. The Democrats ran a Washington insider in a year when Americans were pissed off at being impoverished.
8. America has voted what it thinks about immigration, Globalization, fucking the middle class to make money for the rich, and LGBT rights.
9. By fucking up on this election, we lose the supreme court for the rest of our lives, and we may very well lose abortion rights. We chose these positions, and the country voted, and we lost.