Sunday, November 24, 2019

Notes to Tom and Ken Re: Letters of Reccomendation

draft

I am writing up notes in the next few days that may be a decent guide to those who would write a letter of recommendation for the incredibly worthy but underrecognized Mr. Wahrman. I will try to keep it simple. You should know that I have agonized over this for several years, because it annoys me to lean on my friends, all of whom are busy.

Two preliminary notes: 1. I am only going to apply to a few schools to begin with. One CS PhD program (impossible to get into) and one Art MFA program (merely difficult to get into). This is because I want to ease the workload on the two of you and because I dont have a clue what I am doing. 2. I have not yet asked my third reviewer, because I dont know who to ask. Two possibilities are (a) a professor of urban studies who has known me a long time and (b) a person who is one of the more famous entrepreneurs in online learning, but without specific academic credentials (although she has taught at famous art school(s) in the past). If you have an opinion, let me know.

Thank you,
MW

No comments:

Post a Comment