Friday, April 19, 2019

Time to Crack The Whip!

draft

I contacted my Congressman's office twice this week.  The first time (really about the fifth time but the first time this week) was to ask what the position of my Congressman was on impeaching Trump.  The people who answer the phones are always the nicest people and they take a message, put me in the database etc.  The second time I called (this week) it was to tell them that I never, ever heard back and so I had to assume that Carbajal was a Trump supporter and that I would work to vote someone else into office at the next election. Of course you and I know that I have no such power, as an individual voter my influence on the political process is microscopic.  Nevertheless, the point I was trying to make was that there was no dodging this issue, no "smile and hope they dont notice" option.  People want to know where their elected representative stands on this issue.  Thats why they pay him the big bucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment