Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Hunter vs Carbajal

draft

Once upon a time, I lived in CA-50, the district of Duncan Hunter, one of the more obnoxious right wing congressman in the house of representatives. I called and left a message, and was treated very well. I emailed him, and would get call backs from the 212 area code (Wash DC). Maybe every other letter, and these letters were quite inflamatory, would get a response, perhaps a position paper on the topic (net neutrality). Of course this was all his office not Congressman Hunter himself, and of course it made no real difference but it was nice, it felt engaging.


Now I am in CA-24, Congressman Carbajal, a Democrat, and after 5 emails and one office visit. Nothing. Zip. Do not exist.


The result may be the same, but I much preferred being represented by Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment