Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Tragedy of the Closing of the Bodhi Tree

The Bodhi Tree is traditionally the place under which the Buddha sat when he attained enlightenment.

But in Los Angeles, the Bodhi Tree Bookstore in West Hollywood was an icon of the very best of Los Angeles.  A bookstore with spiritual / alternative / gnostic / thaumaturic philosophies, it glowed with an inner serenity of its own that is lacking (mostly) in the rest of Los Angeles.

Now I hear from my friend Audri, author of cultureandscience.blogspot.com, that it is closing.  She will try and get a picture of the Bodhi Tree for me in the next few days.

This is a tragedy for Los Angeles.   I can not tell you how upset I am.  Actually it is worse, the bookstore has already closed.  Here is a link to the former bookstore and notice.

http://www.bodhitree.com/

Now I am completely disconsolate.

MW

No comments:

Post a Comment